My client is a Tier 2 Building Services Consultancy 100% Australian owned and operated. Began trading in Australia in 2007 following the evolution of a firm that began in 1969. They have over 200 staff and five offices across Australia.
My client provides a diverse and inclusive work environment and offers many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance.
The company values the difference each team member brings, and they look for people who have had a broad range of experiences and a growth and learning mindset. The Role
Reporting to the Team Lead, you will primarily carry out Level 3 Accredited Service Provider electrical and lighting designs along with private connection designs. You will work across a broad variety of projects in many market sectors ranging from new network greenfield connections, and alterations to existing connections in brownfield areas, along with city shaping infrastructure projects. Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and drafting of ASP3 electrical drawings including overhead and underground works
- Prepare packages to obtain certification meeting all requirements and objectives for Clients, Authorities and the company
- Ensure designs are compliant and according to Utility Network Standards and Authorities (Ausgrid, Endeavour Energy, Essential Energy, Transgrid), Councils, Australian standards and other relevant standards
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders including energy authorities
- Liaise with other disciplines within the team
- Attend meetings and site inspections
Benefits and perks
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Familiar with Ausgrid, Endeavour Energy, and Essential Energy standards & designs (preferred)
- Knowledge of NSW utilities, Authorities, Australian Standards
- Prepare Level 3 ASP, documentation including Lighting electrical designs
- Prepare and collate documentation to support designs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organised, efficient and driven to exceed customer expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with a team of engineers and designers to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Commercial acumen and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Office, Powerlines Pro, Poles N Wires, PLSCADD, AGI32 (CDEGS, PowerCAD)
- Hybrid working
- Attractive remuneration
- Career Progression
- Positive working environment
- All necessary tools and software to allow you to work efficiently
- Laptop computer
- Professional membership subscription(s)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)